As part of continued growth plans EPG Ltd, now part of the STRI Group, is seeking to employ a Geoenvironmental Consultant to expand their geonvironmental team based at the Bingley offices.
EPG is a leading Geoenvironmental Engineering Design Consultancy delivering cost-effective, sustainable designs. We are proud of the fact that we have contributed to guidance on landfill, ground gas and VOC assessment within the UK; including British Standards BS8576, BS8485, CIRIA Reports C665, C735 and C748, Claire Research Bulletin RB17 and Claire Technical Bulletins TB16 and TB17. In addition we have authored peer reviewed papers in journals and presented training courses in the UK and worldwide.
The successful candidate will be working closely with industry leaders in land remediation, and ground gas and vapour risk assessment and mitigation design. You will be part of a small team of geoenvironmental specialists within the wider multi-disciplinary team of environmental consultants at STRI. Mentoring will be provided to further develop your detailed understanding and capabilities in the field of geoenvironmental consultancy.
Your work would include, among other things:
- Undertaking desk studies and site reconnaissance visits
- Specifying intrusive investigations and monitoring fieldwork
- Capturing, processing and critically analysing environmental data
- Presenting complex temporal and three-dimensional data in clear and engaging way
- Preparing site plans and design calculations and drawings
- Compiling bespoke technical reports
- Providing input on commercial project proposals
- Working within agreed budgets and timescales
- Collaborating with other team members and external professionals including sub-contractors, clients, and other consultants and engineers
You would be based at the UK head office in Bingley, West Yorkshire, and the job will include some travel throughout the UK.
If you are a suitably qualified, competent, and enthusiastic consultant or engineer with a background in contaminated land site investigation and risk assessment and want to work as part of a dynamic and forward-looking organisation, then we would like to hear from you.
- Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, Chemistry or other related field
- Some previous work experience (about 3 to 5 years, dependent on breadth of experience) in geoenvironmental/contaminated land sector
- Experience in undertaking Phase 1 and Phase 2 site investigation and working within the contaminated land regulatory framework in the UK
- Practical site investigation experience including proficiency in logging soils and experience of different drilling techniques, field tests and monitoring
- Highly motivated individual with good organisational and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent report writing
- Ability to show initiative and creativity in problem solving An interest in the environment and sustainable development
- Excellent word processing and excel skills, along with general IT proficiency
- Full UK driving licence
- Basic AutoCAD skills
- Experience in processing data including familiarity with AGS data format
- Experience of a site-based role during remediation, earthworks and/or construction works
- Member of professional body and working towards chartership with Geological Society, CIWEM, IES or ICE Commercial awareness and ability to interpret client requirements
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV (two A4 pages maximum) and covering letter or email (500 words maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org