Graduate SuDS and Flood Risk Engineer
EPG Ltd, now part of the STRI Group, is continuing to grow and now is great time to join this fast-paced organization. EPG is looking for a Graduate SuDS and Flood Risk Engineer to expand their water team and the role can be based at either the Warrington (Cheshire) or Bingley (West Yorkshire) office.
EPG is a leading water and environmental design consultancy delivering cost-effective, sustainable designs. We are proud of the fact that we have contributed to guidance on the CIRIA Report C753 The SuDS Manual, CIRIA Reports C680, C768 & C808. In addition we have authored peer reviewed papers in journals and presented training courses in the UK and worldwide.
The successful candidate will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll be given appropriate responsibilities from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills through training and assisting the more senior engineers working on design projects in sustainable drainage systems (SuDS), surface water management, flood risk assessment and structural waterproofing. You will be part of a small team of water and structural waterproofing designers within the wider multi-disciplinary team of consultants & Engineers at EPG. Mentoring will be provided.
Your work will include:
- Maintenance of technical library documentation and drawings.
- Take ownership of tracking water jobs through to completion.
- Administer and maintain the team’s common data environment (CDE).
- Provide ad-hoc support to designers, e.g. preparation of presentation material, printing, compilation of information and writing up reports.
- Work alongside colleagues in specialist areas such as flood risk and drainage impact assessments, sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS), waterproofing design, blue/green infrastructure and sustainable water management.
- Working with collaborators such as contractors, consultants, architects, landscape architects, manufacturers, local authorities, and others.
- Meeting with clients via virtual and on-site meetings.
- Using software packages such as MicroDrainage, InfoDrainage, Tuflow and Scalgo
- Specifying and analysing relevant information to enable design e.g., survey information, hydraulic models, geological data etc.
- Undertaking feasibility studies and preparing technical reports.
- Producing engineering layout and detailed designs using AutoCAD software.
- Managing your own time and deadlines to meet project commitments.
- Undertaking regular training to further enhance your career development.
- Maintain excellent standards and performance in liaising with Clients.
- Prepare and edit new project documentation and drawings.
- Provide quality checks and assurance for outgoing reports and drawings.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, Physical Geography, Environmental Science, Hydrology or other Related Field
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office products i.e. Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Ability to work individually or as part of a wider team
- An interest in the environment, Water or sustainable developments
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to proactively self-manage own workload whilst maintaining effective relationships
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Experience in interrogating technical data systems, analysing and interpreting data and drawings
- Enthusiasm to receive training and willingness to learn and develop
- Full UK Driving licence
- Previous work experience in a technical support role within a construction, engineering, scientific or utilities environment
- Basic technical drawing skills using AutoCAD
- Ability to show initiative and creativity in problem solving
- Previous experience of modelling software such as MicroDrainage, InfoDrainage, Causeway Flow, TuFlow
- Member of professional body working towards chartership (GeoSoc, CIWEM, IES, ICE)
- Commercial awareness and ability to interpret client requirements
If you are a suitably qualified, competent, and enthusiastic graduate or junior engineer with a background in engineering, water management and/or environmental science and want to work as part of a dynamic and forward-looking organisation, then we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV (two A4 pages maximum) and covering letter or email (500 words maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org