We currently have a vacancy for a motivated Junior / Graduate Water Engineer to join our growing team at our office in Bingley, West Yorkshire.
EPG is a leading Geoenvironmental Engineering Design Consultancy delivering cost-effective, sustainable designs, focused in the areas of contaminated land remediation and gas protection, sustainable water managemnet, flood risk assessment and structural waterproofing.
Our core values include combining regulatory compliance with complimentary innovative ideas and technologies to ensure we deliver robust, leading edge, cost-effective design solutions.
The successful candidate will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll be given appropriate responsibilities from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills through training and assisting the more senior engineers.
Your work would include, among other things:
- Working with EPG’s colleagues in specialisms such as Flood Risk and Drainage Impact Assessments, Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS), Waterproofing design, blue/green infrastructure and sustainable water management.
- Working with collaborators such as contractors, consultants, architects, landscape architects, manufacturers, local authorities and others.
- Meeting with clients via virtual and on-site meetings.
- Using software packages such as MicroDrainage, InfoDrainage, Tuflow and Scalgo to model and design drainage and attenuation systems.
- Specifying and analysing relevant information to enable design, eg survey information, hydraulic models, geological data etc.
- Undertaking feasibility studies and preparing technical reports
- Producing engineering layout and detailed designs using AutoCAD software.
- Managing your own time and deadlines to meet project commitments.
- Undertaking regular training to further enhance your career development
You would be based at the UK head office in Bingley, West Yorkshire, and the job will include some travel throughout the UK
EPG could offer £23-26k plus benefits on experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrology or other related field.
- Highly motivated individual with good organisational and analytical skills
- Initiative to work individually or as part of a wider team
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent report writing
- Ability to show initiative and creativity in problem solving
- An interest in the environment and sustainable development
- A keen eve for detail
- Excellent word processing and excel skills along with general IT proficiency
- Full UK driving licence
- Basic AutoCAD 2D/3D skills
- Experience in modelling software such as MicroDrainage, InfoDrainage and Tuflow
- Experience of flood risk assessments, drainage designs and blue/green infrastructure
- Member of professional body and working towards chartership with Geological
Society, CIWEM, IES, or ICE
- Commercial awareness and ability to interpret client requirements
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV (two A4 pages maximum) and covering letter (500 words maximum) to georgehudman@epg-Itd.co.uk