We currently have a vacancy for a motivated graduate to join a growing team at our office in Bingley, West Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll be given appropriate responsibilities from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills through training from our team of industry experts
Your work would include, among other things:
- Working with EPG’s colleagues in specialisms such as contaminated land investigation, ground gas risk assessment, vapour intrusion risk assessment, mitigation design and design of remediation strategies.
- Site work including ground gas, groundwater and vapour monitoring and sampling.
- Working with and meeting clients and collaborators such as contractors, consultants, architects, landscape architects, manufacturers, local authorities and others.
- Specifying and analysing relevant information to enable design e.g. ground investigation data, survey information, ground gas monitoring data, geological data etc.
- Undertaking feasibility studies and preparing technical reports.
- Producing conceptual site models and cross-sections.
- Using software packages such as GIS, Scalgo, Grapher, GasSim, CAD and CorelDRAW.
- Managing your own time and deadlines to meet project commitments.
- Undertaking regular training to further enhance your career development.
The role will include some travel throughout the UK to undertake site work.
If you have a degree in a relevant subject and are enthusiastic about a career in contaminated land, engineering and environmental science and want to work as part of a dynamic and forward-looking organisation, then we would like to hear from you.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or other related field.
- Highly motivated individual with good organisational and analytical skills.
- Initiative to work individually or as part of a wider team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to show initiative and creativity in problem solving.
- An interest in the environment and sustainable development.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent word processing and excel skills, along with general IT proficiency.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Basic GIS skills.
- Report writing experience.
- Experience working outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
How to apply
Please send a CV (two A4 pages maximum) and covering letter (500 words maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Environmental Protection Group (EPG), established in 1998, is a leading independent Geo-Environmental Engineering Design Consultancy delivering cost-effective, sustainable designs; focused in the areas of contaminated land remediation and gas protection, sustainable water management, flood risk assessment and structural waterproofing.
We provide a professional, comprehensive design service offering uncompromising design excellence. Our core values include combining regulatory compliance with complimentary innovative ideas and technologies to ensure we deliver robust, leading edge, cost-effective design solutions. Our client base ranges from government agencies, major developers and contractors to small individual private clients and our service offering encompasses the complete cross-section of the construction sector.
EPG is part of the STRI Group focused on sport and outdoor recreation, sustainable development, green infrastructure, and water management sectors with its head office in Bingley, West Yorkshire. STRI is a world leading sports surface solutions, environment and green infrastructure development business. With research and innovation at its heart STRI is an exciting environment to work, where new ideas are always welcomed.